It seems like technology is everywhere today. Most people have access to multiple computers on a daily basis. So it only makes sense that computing careers have exploded in popularity, especially in recent years. A career in computers can be incredibly rewarding and have excellent pay, benefits and working conditions.
Here's a look as some of the most popular and most common careers in computing. If you're interested in a computer career, one of these fields would be a great place to start.
But what exactly makes a computer career job so good? Here's a quick look at some of the advantages of computer careers:
- Software Engineer - Someone who designs and develops computer programs.
- Sysems Analyst - Someone who researches computer problems and plans solutions for businesses.
- Nework Security Specialist - Someone who specializes in protecting a company's data and other information.
- Network Administrator - Someone who maintains the computers and systems that make up a specific nework.
- Database Administrator - Someone who installs, configures, upgrades, monitors and maintains a computer network.
- Tech Support - Someone who provides assistance to users of technology products.
- Web Developer - Someone who specializes in all things related to the Internet.
- Web Master - Someone who is responsible for maintaining one or many websites.
- Advancement opportunities: Since computers are constantly changing, companies encourage staff to staff to constantly gain higher qualifications.
- Competitive benefits: Most technology companies invest very well in their work force.
- Job security: Since technology is so abundant, there's very good job security in the computer field. These jobs are constantly in demand all over the world.
- Constantly changing: Even as certain technologies become obsolete, the skills related to a computer job easily translate to the next technology. An employee with these skills will always be prepared for the future.
- Telecommuting: Many computer related jobs have the option to telecommute - to work from home. This saves both time and money for the company and for the employee.
Get Your Degree!
Find schools and get information on the program that’s right for you.
Powered by Campus Explorer